Friday, November 9, 2007

So Close

Ok, so I'm so close to being done on Icarus it's starting to seriously bum me out. I finished chart three last night, and I've now done the first two rows of Chart four. I decided to take it and a couple of other things outside so I can show everyone what they really look like and not what my camera decides to interpret for the day. Would you like to see? First we have my sister-in-law's ugly scarf... I really hate it, can't wait to give it to her lol.

You can see that it's actually not QUITE as hideous as it appears in some of the other pictures. Ok, so maybe it is. I don't know, your call. Anyway, here's the other Christmas scarf I made.

That one is definitely much truer to color than the original. And, my true love, that which I adore more than any other... my Icarus.

That's... as good a picture as I can get with it still on the needles. I got a close up of the detail for you all though.

It's hard to see but take my word for it. It's GORGEOUS. But, I have to admit, as much as I seriously LOVE this thing... enough is enough. I have to cast on for something else. I'm not sure what but I HAVE to. I have no choice in the matter. I'm going to go crazy working on this and only this for much longer. Do you know it takes me 40 minutes to do a right side row?? FORTY Minutes? That's crazy! So I haven't decided what it's going to be, but something is going to get started this weekend. I'm going to sit down and work on my Christmas present list, see what yarn I still have to buy. (Is it really that bad? I haven't even bought the yarn yet? Oh dear...) Anyway, I leave you with this.

He says "Mommy, it's cold outside! I wanna stay out and play!!"

No comments: