Friday, November 16, 2007

Finished a Christmas present, on to some others

Last night I finished a Christmas present hat. I have some pictures of it! Wanna see?

And I swear it's SCARLET not Orange, RED dude... No matter what the pictures tell you. Here's a modeled picture.

I pretty sure the person I made it for has a bigger head than me. Hopefully... Otherwise it'll be in their eyes all winter. The stats are listed on this post, if you wanna know them. Don't feel like retyping them here. Anyway, here's a picture of the cables.

Aren't they pretty? :) So yesterday, when Dave got home from work, he had a surprise for me. He said he knows how much I want to have a baby, so he bought me this.

Yarn! I was so excited. I mean, it's acrylic and I'm a bit of a yarn snob, but it's ok for a baby, I mean... at least it'll be washable, right? He also got me a skein of Bernat christmas cotton lol, which I'll be using to make dishcloths for everyone.

And that picture, my dears, is my sister's Christmas present. Sorta. Underneath of it is my list. Here's how it breaks down.
-Aunt Joy- Done but needs blocked.
-Nancy- Done but needs blocked. (So far so good...)
-My cousin- Done but needs washed.
-Angie- about 90 percent done
-Dave's mom- about 25 or 30 percent done
-My mom- About 25 percent also (I'm switching from dpns to two circs. I LOVE circular needles, sooooo much faster....)
-Becky- maybe like, 10 or 15 percent done?
-Linda- Haven't bought the yarn
-Emmy- Have the yarn but not a pattern. :) It's ok though, hers can be late, I'm buying her clothes.

Hmm.. keep your eye on the counter in the sidebar. Eeek. I swear it's moving faster than it should be...

Also, in Icarus news, the faeries haven't finished it, but I'm getting there. I have 20 rows left and then the bind off. It takes me 35 minutes to do a row. I figure if I can do 5 rows a day for the next three days (four counting today) then I'll be done with it in time to wear it for thanksgiving. Oh dear god, all the knitting... I need to get off the computer lol!

No comments: