Thursday, November 1, 2007

Quickie Project

So, tonight I decided to cast on for a Calorimetry, from knitty. Three hours of knitting later, ta da!


This was the best thing I could think to do after a rough few days, and all the long, long projects (scarves, Icarus, socks...) that take at least a few weeks, I decided I needed some instant gratification knitting. So there it is. I even sewed on a button! Yes, I did that before blocking. I'm not going to block it too much, but hopefully it opens up a little. The part with more blue was supposed to be the part in the front, but the bind off, even though I did it LOOSELY and in pattern, is a little too tight for it to be worn that way. Or... maybe it's just a really cool Christmas present. I don't know, but I do know I'll be getting more of this yarn. It took less than half a skein! That's just... cheap and awesome! I used patons sws in natural blue. Here it is with the button showing. Like it?

By the way, I did a drawing for the contest, and, I know it sounds fixed, but I kid you not, Angie won! Angie, let me know what color you like, ok? :)

No comments: