Saturday, November 10, 2007

Yet, oh so far away...

So, I cast on yesterday for the Irish Hiking Scarf for my mother-in-law. I'm making it in patons classic merino, in the color Worn Denim, on size eights. I took out one cable repeat. I love the way this yarn knits up in this pattern. It's so squishy and soft. I don't know how I'm gonna make it through the whole thing. I am officially.... *measures the scarf, frowns, remeasures, and sighs* Eight inches in. Wow. Yeah I'm gonna die... I mean... seriously? I need to make this thing like, SIXTY INCHES LONG? Oh man... anyway, here it is.

I also cast on for part of my sister's Christmas present - it's my computer knitting - but I can't post the picture here because she reads this. Or, tell you what it is... so... how about I distract you with news of Icarus. The news? Oh, right. Well... there is none. See... the faeries still haven't come to finish it for me. I'm waiting. Impatiently. Hmm... maybe... maybe I should do it? That sucks. lol I'm still on chart 4. I'm getting there though, I am....

Anyway, today my friend Emmy and I went to dinner with my sister and my mom at Olive Garden. It was a lot of fun. At the next table was a girl I went to school with and her 13 month old. She was talking to us and she knew me and my mom's name and my sister's name... but I could not remember her for the world. When I got home I looked her up in the yearbook, and I remember her now but... how is that even possible? I'm not THAT old... clearly I need help. Anyone else have a similar problem?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your scarf is just beautiful and I am really dying.
I am here on a day to day basis
and I just finished a 60 inch "lead
and follow" lace scarf. It was hard and
it took me a long time, but I'm
happy with it considering how diffi
cult it was for me. I'm sure you
will love yours when it's done.
It is beautiful and I had no idea
that Paytons knit up so beautifully. I guess I have become
a yarn snob.

Krystal said...

Thank you so much! I'm sure yours is beautiful. Thanks for the comment! :)