Monday, November 12, 2007

Startitis, and a little ranting

Ok, so all this finishing lately has given me, for some reason, a bad case of startitis. Which isn't so bad, I'm casting on for all kinds of Christmas presents. But starting project after project leaves me feeling as though I'm not making any progress on anything. I did actually make some progress this weekend on a few projects. I'm now 25 inches in on the Irish Hiking Scarf. That is the thing I worked on the most this weekend. I'd take a picture, but I could just say "Hey, go look at yesterday's picture. Now imagine that, but times three" cause... that's basically what it is. It's good tv knitting though. Only if I'm watching something interesting. If I'm watching something boring, you can forget it. I've also gotten several inches done on my sister's Christmas present. But as I can't show you a picture of that, and wouldn't even if I could (here's a hint: See what I said about the Irish Hiking Scarf), I guess I'll talk about the project I just cast on for.

It's a plain Jane boring (ish) cabled hat. Actually, it's smariekknits' 3 am Cable hat. I'm making it out of Lion's Wool, in scarlet, because my intended recipient deserves wool. I'm not saying who, as they may or may not read this, but I will show a picture, as this person doesn't know I'm making them something. It's not much of a picture, but you came here for pictures, so I'm giving it to you.

I know, ooooh, ahh... Or, you're saying "Dude, you have like, 2 rows done on it and the picture sucks." But what do you want? I JUST cast on and my camera doesn't like red. Maybe it'll look better if you click on it. You know you want to, so go ahead and try. We'll wait. *taps fingers impatiently*

Ok, now that you're back... would you like to hear the other news? Ok, here it is. Brace yourselves, it's something you may not have heard before. Men are JERKS. Yup. I know, big, life-altering news. What inspired this? Well, today my friend Emmy and I went to the yarn store and the pet store. Silly me didn't know I had to call and tell my husband when I was leaving, as he knew I was eventually going. When he couldn't get an answer, he called Emmy's cell (I don't have one right now). She didn't answer (we were driving and her phone was on vibrate) and so he called again. And again. And then he called, of all people, my DAD. My dad is sick, and we're all really worried about him. He acts like he's about to die. He did NOT need to be bothered. So then Emmy feels her phone buzzing and I answer and he's ALL OVER ME. And I was pretty much ok with it, even though he was mad at me because I hadn't called him all day (he's working. You'd think he'd call me when he gets a chance instead of me calling when he's with a client.), and I never called to tell him when I left. So then we get home and my dad calls me all worried because he didn't know that I was ok. Not only did he call my dad and bother him with this, but he NEVER CALLED HIM BACK to let him know I was ok. So I called Dave, furious. I told him he's being ridicules, he has no right calling me at my dad's house. Um, hello? I DON'T HAVE A CAR. How could I get to my mom and dad's house, 35 miles away, without a car? Hitchhike? And then he gets all pissy with me, telling me I'm being unreasonable. Like this whole thing is my fault. So... I made him dinner. I did. I MADE HIM FREAKING DINNER. You know what he did? He came home, and had a couple of errands to run (which believe it or not I was ok with) and then while he was out, even though he knew I was making him dinner... he stopped at McDonald's. I HATE men.

Sorry about the rant, but I feel better now.Back to our regularly scheduled knitting content. On to the love of my life, Icarus. Please, don't ask about it. We're not speaking to it right now. The rows are so long that I've sent it to the corner to think about what it's done. Maybe I'll finish one of these projects and then go back to it. (No way it'll be done by Thanksgiving at this rate... :( Oh well... )

No comments: