Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Stalling

Yeah, I'm still not done with Icarus. I'm not sure what my problem is. I'm just not motivated enough to finish it. I'm 3/4 of the way done with row 3 of the 4 edging rows. So I have half of row 3, row 4, and the bind off. I should be able to finish it in a couple of hours at the most. Maybe I can hunker down and do it today. *crosses fingers* Anyway, instead of finishing it, I've been stalling with other things. First up? My mom's Christmas socks (Man I hope she doesn't read my blog... I don't think she does... but one never does know... mom, if you're out there, avert your eyes please, and LEAVE ME A COMMENT so I know...) Oh hold on red cabled hat is done soaking, need to get it out.... Oh man I have to share this with you guys... when I put the hat in the wash, it stunk like dogs and the water was clear. Maybe a little cloudy because of the wool wash (which I got from the Loopy Ewe...) but otherwise clear. Now look at it.

Eeeshk! It's okay though, the hat is still red... weird, right? Anyway... back to what I was saying before we were rudely (not really... not the hat's fault, now is it?) interrupted. Right, socks. Ok, now mom, avert your eyes. Actually, just go away. Go on, get out. :) Love you! Anyway, the socks.

I'm doing a few rounds on them a day right now, but tomorrow I'm going to work on them for an hour or so and finish the first one, and hopefully start the second. No, definitely. If I don't I won't. You all know me. I have the worst case of second sock syndrome... but look, a heel!

And please, for goodness' sake, do NOT click on those pictures... I haven't shaved my legs in a few days and you do not want to see that...

Anyway, and then today, I decided to do Nancy's scarf. Twenty-five minutes of soaking, a half hour of pinning, and 90 pins later...

It's officially blocking... and people were right! Wool wash is INCREDIBLE. I hated the feel of this scarf before but I can already tell I'm loving it from now on. My blocking method? I soaked it (Instructions for the wool wash says 15 minutes) for 25 minutes because I wanted it to be nice and soft. Before blocking, I threaded that white strand through both sides, to help with the blocking (and it did, a little), and then I stretched it out to 5 inches all the way down (which really opened up the lace, I bet you can see it a little better if you click on it. Please ignore the dog hair...) and blocked it to death. I also used a spray bottle filled with the same wool wash to make sure it was nice and wet as I blocked it, so it stays. Finished size? 5 feet, 11 inches. Before blocking it was... um.. ok I can't find it. Well, it was... I think like 65 inches? Now it's 71 inches so... sounds right. Anyway, that's where everything sits now. I'll try to blog before Thanksgiving, but if I don't, then Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!

No comments: