Friday, November 2, 2007

Knitting, finishing, and writing, oh my!

Ok, so I have more actual knitting content for you. This just shows you how much I have no life. But that's ok, really. First off, yesterday I showed you my finished Calorimetry. I thought I'd show you some live action pictures. First, my new display picture is one. Then, there's this one...

Which I love because it showcases how it looks on your head. Then there's this one...

Which shows two things. One, it's very wide (5 inches!) and two... I like taking pictures. :) So, besides that, I've also finished another project! It would be Branching Out! I made it for... well I can't tell you that, she might read this blog! But, it's in Patons SWS in Natural Navy. It's not very long unblocked, but blocked it'll be about 64 or 65 inches, and that's just perfect. Here it is.

Ok, that's... that's just horrible, isn't it? You can't even see it! Try this.

That's MUCH better. Or... well, that's better lol. But wait, there's more! I also cast on for a pair of Fetching, from Knitty. I'm using size 8 dpns (the biggest I've ever used lol) and it feels funny but that's ok. I would've gotten gauge with my size 6's but... it didn't look right. So I had to take out one cable pattern. I thought it'd be too big but it turns out it's just a little big, and I don't want it to be snug because I may be allergic to sws... wouldn't that be horrible?? Anyway, here it is on.

And here it is again! Aren't the needles crazy weird colored? I thought so...

Anyway, The beginning is a lot of blue with is just awesome because I looooove that blue color. I think I'm just going to make these fraternal though, because I don't feel like going through the effort required to make them identical. Anyway, that's all for knitting content. See the little box in the back of that last picture? That was what my birthday present from Dave's mom and dad was in. They gave me a little gold cross pendant. It's very pretty. Too pretty for everyday wear. Right now for everyday I wear the cross Angie gave me a couple years ago for Christmas. It's silver and I love it. The original chain got broken, but I bought a new one for it. Ok, so now that I'm done rambling about stuff no one cares about... I do have other news!

Are you ready for it? Ok. I'm going to write a book. Well.. maybe a book. I think I have enough to go on for a book. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Angie told me to do NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing month. I was thinking about it but... I dunno, I'm not quite ready. It would take me probably a couple of weeks just to do prewriting. So I think I'm just going to do it at my own pace. In any case... That's all the updates for now. Back to knitting!

No comments: