Sunday, October 14, 2007

I can't take the insanity anymore!!!

Ok, so I've been working on Icarus (hence the title of this post...) I don't have any pictures but I didn't bother... the needles aren't big enough to stretch it out and without doing that it looks exactly like it did in this post. So you don't get any pictures. I have 347 stitches, and even though when I knit at my normal resting speed I get like, 26 stitches per inch, and that means it should take me... roughly thirteen and a half minutes to knit a row... no. It takes me about 25 minutes every row. I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm stopping and not realizing it... but today, so far, I've done 3 rows, and I'm actually hoping to get 3 more in... you can see how I'd be losing my mind.

And no, in case you wondered... I did not cast on for the second garden path sock. Though, I did work on the scarf I'm making for my sister-in-law, and I looked at loksins for a minute. I'm actually thinking about Christmas. I mean, I need to make the two scarves I have going, plus I want to make a pair of mittens for my other sister-in-law, and two pairs of socks, one for my mom and Dave's mom... plus Emmy wants a knitted elephant... oy. I'd better work my three rows of Icarus fast, and get started on those presents... oh darn, I have to buy more sock yarn... :) (Actually, I have some black pace, I might make Dave's mom's socks out of that. We'll see)

I know I haven't done a good thing of the day in a while, but I'm going through a hard time and I can't think of any. So today, my good thing of the day (because it makes me sad which then makes me happy...) is the song "One More" by Hanson. Good song.

No comments: