Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Working on Christmas Presents

Yeah I know, it's not nearly time for Christmas but I figured I might as well get started, since I really really want to make something for a lot of people. The one thing I really want to get started on, I can't, because I need to buy the yarn. That would by my mom's socks. I'm getting str for her, I don't remember what color though. I'm going to make her some toe up socks, though I can't decide which ones. I'm thinking just a plain sock. I dunno, lol. I'm making scarves it seems for everyone, except maybe my sister in law, Linda, I might make her some mittens. I was going to make Dave's mom socks too but it's too hard cause I don't know her exact size. Anyway... here's some pics of the thing I've been working on lately, being my sis in law's scarf. It's the "Two weeknights with Warrick" scarf, and I'm using Noro Kureyon color 147. I really like the pattern, it's super easy, but I really don't like the yarn for some reason. I mean, it's spun weird... like some places it's soooo thin but then sometimes it's super thick and it's just... I know that what the yarn is supposed to do but I really don't like it. Anyway, here's the whole thing. The colors are close but not exact. They're weird too... like, there's never two colors that are the same, in the whole thing. It's weird.

And a close-up. Sorry they're blurry. I didn't realize it till just now and I'm not retaking them so...


What do you think? (Please, feel free to comment...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Noro Kureyon. Maybe you're just not used to something so "inconsistent." Anyway, I'm sure the recipient will love the scarf - lovely pattern and great colors.