Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!!!!!!

Ok, just so you all know... I love my birthday! It's the best day of the whole year! I get presents and people all call me and talk to me just because it's my birthday and it's always just a really really great day! And secretly, I think that the reason I like them so much is because it's my birthday, and I'm the only one I know getting presents. I know, I'm horrible, right? So, to celebrate my birthday, and to make me feel like I'm not to most selfish person in the world, we present... My 22nd birthday contest!

Ok, so here's the deal. Everyone who comments on my blog from now until October 31st telling me what their favorite sock yarn is gets entered. That's it! Just tell me your favorite sock yarn. But you have to promise to keep commenting... I mean, I know that someone out there reads my blog, and I'd love to reciprocate, but I can't if you don't comment, right? The prize? Well, I'm on a serious budget right now, but the prize will include two skeins of Patons sws... in a surprise colorway. I know, I know, it's cheesy, but... you'll also get a surprise, and maybe some Halloween goodies. So how about it? Who's interested? :)

In knitting related news... I'm very very very close to being done with the long boring part of Icarus. Here's the hugeness of it. I know you probably can't tell, but trust me. It's huge.


And here's a close up of the edge. Why, yes, I DID notice that these pictures aren't in color. That's because for whatever reason my camera refused to capture the color today so instead of showing you a picture of a purple Icarus... and my ugly yellow chair... you get no color! Muah ha ha... ahem. Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes. The edge.


And here's a fun shot. This would be, on the left, the skein of yarn I'm working with, and on the right, the other skein, that I haven't started yet. Whew! Puts it into perspective, at least for me...


Here's the other thing I've been working on lately, besides my s-i-l's scarf (see yesterday...) is this Branching out scarf. I've posted about it before if you wanna know more, but here's a crooked picture of it. Once again, the bright blue is not even close to being true to color, the others are fine. Oh, crap, now you get to see the Ugly yellow horror... eh, oh well.


And, last... the reason I don't really like Noro. (Again, see yesterday...) Isn't that... just... weird? (Sorry the colors are seriously whacked. I don't get it. My camera's just having a weird day I guess...)


Don't forget about the contest!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Ummm... I'll comment but I'm probably excluded from the contest. lol My favorite sock yarn? Phildar Preface or for stripes then it's got to be Regia. STR is nice, colorwise, but the base yarn is kinda yucky. Happy birthday hon!

kasiaiscarly said...

Happy Birthday! I love my birthday, too :) (see my SP11 questionnaire. . . it's listed as my favorite Holiday!)