Friday, October 12, 2007

I'm back!

Wow, it's been a few days again, huh? Sorry about that. We had a internet connection problem. It's fixed now. I have good news. I have a finished sock! Sorry if it's way obvious that I'm in love with this sock. I think I've taken about a billion pics of it. But I'm proud of it. Anyway, without the internet for the past few days, I've gotten quite a bit of knitting done. At least, that's how I feel... besides finishing the garden path sock, I got 6 rs rows done on Icarus. Which is a lot, since each row takes me almost a half hour. That's like, 6 hours lol. I also got some more done on the branching out, which I'm still loving, but I'm pretty much over it. Now, I'm going to distract you all from the fact that I get bored so easily with pictures. Here's the heel, just after I finished it. I was laughing because it looked like a toe...

There was a small hole on either side of the heel, but I fixed them. Here's the front of the sock at that point, on top of my socks. Go ahead Angie, laugh. Call me lazy.....

And here's the finished sock.

Look at that gorgeous heel. You know you want to see more of it.

Ok, all those pictures are true to color, but here's a better picture of the pattern.

I love love love it. In case you didn't know already, it's Wendy Johnson's Garden path socks. I did the smaller size and they're still a little bit big. Yarn is Socks that Rock Little bunny foo foo. I modified the pattern a little, in that I did the toe she shows how to do in her book, rather than the one she says to do in the patten; I did a short row heal, where she has you doing a slip stitch heel; and I did knit two, purl one ribbing instead of k1 p1... well, because I can. Just for Angie, here's the pic of how I hold my yarn.

And for everyone else, furry goodness.

I couldn't catch Storm. He's wild. But isn't Mattie so sweet?

No comments: