Friday, September 21, 2007

Quickie

Well, there's not much to post about today. Well, there sorta is... I got my November Creative Knitting magazine yesterday, and I finally looked at it today... but there's not really much in it that I like. Except this "Party Season Tunic" thing... that I will never, ever, ever make. It's lacy and gorgeous and I'd look really good in it (I think...) but... yeah it takes two skeins of merino oro, which isn't that much money I guess, and 9 balls of this other yarn made by the same people, you hold them together... but do you have any idea how much YARN that is? That's like... 2600 yarns of lace weight. That would take me about 10 years to knit. So we're not gonna be making it. I do want to knit this hooded sweater in stitch-n-bitch but it doesn't come in my size (it's sized to XL which would fit but probably be uncomfortable) and it's all stockinette so... I might think about it next summer. Anyway, the happy thing for today is my Icarus. I'd take a picture but... it looks EXACTLY the same as before, only it's just a little bit bigger. I'm halfway through the 4th repeat of chart 1... which puts me actually close to the end but... each row takes about a half hour so I may be here awhile. And when I finally cast off it'll take about 6 years so... but that's my happy thing today. How I love my Icarus... well, you've heard. Maybe I'll post pictures soon. Stay tuned.

No comments: