Saturday, August 25, 2007

My new addi turbos, and when not to work on lace

So, yesterday, after getting my yarn in the mail and finding that it was the same size (almost exactly) as my merino-oro, I decided to go ahead and use size threes on Icarus, just like they say. I mean, I already know I like the look of it. The problem: here's a list of the size threes I have. One pair 3 three 16 inch addis (In MS3). One pair of size three straight needles (in the party lace scarf) and one pair size three dpns (Which obviously I can't use on this project...) So... I bought some addi turbo lace needles. And I LOVE them, with their red cable and gold needles and they're so pointy and perfect... I bought them from the yarn market which is right down the street so I don't have to worry about shipping. (By the way-they let me see their warehouse and let me just say... Oh. My. God.) Last night I caste on and worked the set up rows for the chart. I love the feel of this yarn, it just glides through my fingers and it's so soft... I love this project.

See the needles? Aren't they gorgeous? And here's a close up of the... pathetic 8 rows I have done on Icarus.


And now, for the second part of my post. It's short, but I think you get the point. Never ever, under any circumstances, watch a scary or intense movie while knitting lace. Ever. I'm gonna go work on Icarus now.

No comments: