Friday, August 24, 2007

At the Zoo again, part 1

Yeah, I know, most people don't give a flying rat's... most people don't care about my zoo pictures, and there are a lot of them, but I thought I'd post them all anyway. So I'm breaking this post up. I think two posts should be good. So, let's boogie. First, Fluffy.

Yes, Fluffy. Fluffy is a 24 foot long, 300 pound reticulated python. Here he is.

Yep. That's fluffy. Here's a close up.

These guys are some kind of monkey... I don't remember what kind. Anyway, when we were there last week we saw a bunch of them fighting. This week, there was a baby. I don't know if it was there last week, but I don't remember it. When they're first born they're orange. See?

It was hard to get a good picture... he kept moving. Anyway, we saw manatees. There are two of them. These guys are so cool. They swim so slow...

In this one you can see Emmy's reflection in the glass.

See her? In the tank with the manatees are sting rays.

Those are the things that killed Steve Irwin. They're so gentle looking... they look like they're flying underwater.

Hmm... let's see... oh yeah, the moose! When we were in Maine I saw Moose in the wild. I didn't get such good pictures though. These three females were on one side of the cage, and the male was on the other.

Those two were hogging all the water...

Then there was the male. He was incredibly close to where we were. It was cool.

Here's a close up of him.

Then, of course, I got the pic of the swan, ya know, for MS3. Swan Lake.

He was so pretty... I also got a pic of the bobcat. But he's hiding and you can't see his face so you have to take my word for it.

I got his picture cause I'm a bobcat now. Ohio University bobcats. And of course, the lion. Alll we saw was him, the girl was hiding somewhere. He looks super skinny...

But his face is so cute!

And here's Emmy and I! Here's Emmy with the baby elephant statue...

And Emmy on the bears...

And me on the bears!

Anyway... for knitting content. Sorta. I'm starting Icarus this weekend. I'm making it with Jaggerspun Zephyr, like they suggest in the patter. I'm making mine with the color claret, and Addi Lace needles. I'll definitely post pics as I get going!

No comments: