Saturday, August 18, 2007

At the Zoo! (Warning-This post may be picture heavy...)

So, yesterday my mom and I took my nephews Austin (7) and Zach (3) to the Zoo. We had so much fun. Well, except for the part where Zachary was a brat... but that's par for the course. So, here is our day in pictures. First, I met them all at my mom's house, where I got a picture of his missing front tooth (plus one sticker, on his forehead... honestly, kids...)


Then we left (a little late) for the Zoo. A 45 minute drive in which I did NOT, I repeat, did NOT knit, followed, and then, yay, we were at the Zoo. (Following, of course, a 10 minute walk from the car...) We wanted to see the Asia animals. Unfortunately, we didn't see many. We did see the elephants, but I didn't get a picture because it was too dim in there... I didn't think you could see it. I did, however, get a couple of pictures of the Tigers.


Oops... that one wasn't the best. Here.


That's better. Here's Austin and Zach playing on the tiger. Not the real one silly.


We walked through the pheasant area (yes, my mom did too... ok, I lied and told her we had to. We didn't have to. But it was funny...) And, look, a pheasant... we actually were that close to him. This is not using the zoom feature.


He got really close to me and mom was like "I was scared he was going to get you." She's a goober. Next, we saw the indoor aquarium, and then the manatees. I didn't get a picture of them, there were too many people there. But I got a picture of a shark that looks like a hammerhead, but it's really not.


Mom got a picture of the three of us on the carousel. Music creeped me out more than you could know... but it was still fun.


Here's a random picture of some animals feet prints (I just think this is cool.)


And then we actually saw some animals. Namely, the gorillas. (Angie, look away. Or, no wait, they're fun pictures. Ok... look but pretend they're just animals in the zoo behind glass.) This first guy is Austin's favorite. He was making a funny face at us.


This guy looks like he's high or something. He just sat there the whole time.


This one was my favorite. He was right up against the glass, (next to a sign that said "The gorillas are aloud to bang on the glass. You are not." That amused me a LOT for some reason...) and then he licked it, and I got a good picture of it.


Ok, a semi-good picture of it. This monkey was an adolescent. He was fun. He was trying to carry a ball up the fence. All the way. He dropped it. But then he walked past us...


And then he picked up a bunch of hay.


Then he carried it into his hammock.


And made himself a bed.


Isn't that the cutest thing ever? I thought it was...Then, there was this baby and I think that might be it's mama. The baby was swinging from the fence here...


Then, it got too close to the mama and she swatted him. It was funny. Here's a close up of her.


Anyway, then we went to the gift shop and went home. Oh, wait. So we're walking to the car and I saw the cutest photo op. There were these signs and so....


Aren't they the cutest? Then, Austin stayed the night at my house. This, ladies and gents, is the kid who last time he saw Storm screamed and jumped onto the couch or into the arms of the nearest person.


Aw, crap, I just realized I didn't get any pictures of Zach by himself... oh well, maybe next time... Anyway, I had to take Austin to my mom's house this morning cause I didn't think Becky and Billy were up yet (I tried to call but they didn't answer...) and I had to take Mattie to the vet because she was throwing up all night. She's ok. She has a severe ear infection and it was so painful it made her sick. Poor baby. She's sleeping in her crate now. For my credit, she didn't start shaking her head or anything until yesterday. I mean, how am I supposed to know that it itches or hurts? Anyway, that's all for now. Later- My new Ipod shuffle and pics of my new project.

No comments: