Thursday, February 15, 2007

*SCREAM* (Don't worry, it's a happy scream)

Ok, I just need to get this off of my chest. Now, please, sit down (especially Angie) before you read the following. If you don't sit down, I am not going to be held responsible for any falling down you might do. Sitting down? Ok. I just CAST OFF my first glove. Ok, I know this took WAY longer than any normal human being would take to make a glove, but for pete's sake, this is only my like, second month of serious knitting, and I also have the attention span of a 3 day old goldfish. I was so excited as I was finishing. I was actually shaking by the time I took the last needle out and was looking at a (nearly) finished glove. I put it on. It looks sooooo good. Except that it's a little bulgy in one spot. Mostly cause I haven't made the thumb hole yet. I was going to do it and surprise the hell out of everyone (namely Angie *grin*) But I'm sleepy and my neck is killing me from all the knitting (I think I hold my head a funny way, or something, cause I've had bad neck pains all freaking day) and, though I'm not sure that I'll actually sleep, my eyes hurt from staring at dark purple yarn with low light for so long. So, Angie, be prepared to talk me through my first thumb tomorrow morning.
In other news, Dave DID get me chocolate. He actually tried to get me a blizzard but DQ was closed. Strange. Anyway, he did get me chocolate and he bought me some cheap candles (I know you all think I'm weird, after all I'm going to sell candles, why would I want more right? Well, I burn the cheap tealights in my Aroma Melts warmer (there's not a pic of mine on the site but you can see what they are there). See, you can't smell the tealight, you just smell the aroma melts thing that the tealight... well... melts. So what's the point in wasting my good candles? There isn't one. Anyway, after Dave got home we had a very nice Valentine's Day (now I KNOW you're surprised, after my last entry...) and now that I'm (almost) done with my glove I can sleep easy.
P.S. - I think I really have a problem here. Last night I couldn't fall asleep for like an hour. I even tried all of my normal tricks (my favorite one is to clear my mind and then work at relaxing every conceivable muscle in my body... I'm always asleep before I'm done. Well, almost always...) and still I couldn't fall asleep. Know what finally did it? I started thinking about cables. Thinking about making cables (and how pretty mine were...) was so enjoying and relaxing that I fell right to sleep. Obsessed doesn't begin to cover it.

No comments: