Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I hate winter

I hate winter. I hate everything about it. From the stupid below zero temperatures to the snow and ice and the bad road conditions. Especially the cold. However, this year, winter has sunk to a new low. I no longer hate it. I LOATHE it. And I've decided that the next time I move it will be to Florida. Or Hawaii. Or maybe Jamaica... that would be nice.

Here's what happened. So we have this HUMONGOUS blizzard thing going on. Snow, and lots of it, isn't even that bad or hard to deal with it. However, I live in Ohio. This proves insanely worse. First, it snowed. Then, a week later (after the snow has had a chance to begin to melt and turn to ice...) it snowed again. A lot. This was yesterday morning. Then, yesterday during the day (Tuesday) it began to get warmer. I know what you're thinking, oh good the snow will melt. You have never been more wrong. The snow didn't begin to melt. Instead, the snow turned to rain. Which froze when it hit the snow and the cold ground. And now, ladies and gents, it's SNOWING. Again. Let's recap. From the top down, it is snow, ice, snow, ice. When you step there's this double crunch sound. Oh did I mention the AMOUNT of ice?? over an inch. Of ICE.

I feel bad for the dogs. I took them outside and it took Storm about 5 minutes to find a place to pee. The whole time I'm terrified that he's going to break an ankle. Being that we have no money, this could be a problem. Then I take Mattie out. She's so freaked out by the ice (and I may have lost my temper with her once... she pulls REALLY hard...) that she didn't even pee.

My bad mood is not helped by the fact that 1.) I didn't get a lot of sleep yesterday because the phone kept ringing (toll free call it said, and they didn't even f-ing say anything...) and the dogs kept barking. At everything. They never STOP. But despite that I managed to be in a great mood till my husband came home in an especially foul mood. Which is point number 2. 3.) I working on my gloves all day. I have knit 12 rounds after the cable round, which either means that I have 6 more rows before I reach the thumb or I am THE SLOWEST KNITTER IN THE WORLD. It's taking forever. I swear I worked on them for two hours and when I stared I had 10 rows and when I finished I had only 12. It's freaking irritating. And finally point number 4.) IT'S 2:45 in the MORNING! I think I'm tired. I'm going to bed now. Hopefully this foulest of all days will have been but a dream. *sad sigh* I'm doubting it, but will continue to hope.

No comments: