Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The sock that ate my mind; and, why I pay for health insurance

Ok, for starters, the Dublin Bay socks SUCK. Actually, that is a lie. MY DB socks suck. The pattern actually rocks. I just can't take this anymore. I mean, I knit and knit and knit and KNIT and I'm still not at the freaking heel of the second sock. I think I may go crazy. I also think, and stop me if I sound insane, but I think... I may take the first Dublin Bay sock apart. *pauses* I think. I mean... first of all it's too big at the top. Secondly, I really hate the heel I did, I want a short row heel. And thirdly... (is thirdly a word?) I can not STAND this pattern anymore. So... who thinks I'm smart, and who's voting for insane?

Now for the second half of my post. Why I pay for insurance. Actually, it should be "Why do I pay for insurance???" I am in sooooo much pain. Constant, unimaginable pain. I spend half of my time in tears cause I can't stand the pain anymore. You want to hear the really unfair thing?? My FREAKING dentist said that it would cost me at least 200 dollars up front to get a tooth out. So I'm thinking why the $*%& do I pay for insurance? I mean, seriously, 200 dollars??? And they can't even bill me? So I called one of the surgeons the dentist referred me to, and they said that they aren't in my network... but it would only cost me about 50 dollars upfront. So I scheduled an appointment. It's August 6th. That's more than a freaking month away! I can't take it. It's soooo unfair. Isn't it? I may lose my job because I can't work because I'm in so much pain. That's just not right! Is it? I don't think it is. *sigh* Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments: