Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Seriously short post

Wow, I was just messing with my blog and realized I haven't posted in almost a month, so I thought I'd post something. Not much is new... oh, yeah, that's a HUGE lie. Everything is new. For starters, I got a new job. I'm working part time at Kohl's, at the Jewelery counter. It's fun. It's easy work... but my feet kill me after a few hours. I'm just not used to standing up all day long. It's painful. My heels and the balls of my feet hurt worse. Surprisingly, not my ankle though. And yesterday I turned wrong and hurt my hip. And I have a cold. That's all the complaining, I promise. :)

Anyway, I finished Dublin Bay sock number one. I have serious second sock syndrome though. I tried to deny it. I even cast on the second sock. It might not be as bad as I feared until I get past the heel though. I mean, I haven't worked on anything but stockinette stitch forever so it's almost FUN to do knit one purl one. I just have to keep telling myself that.

The only other wip I have right now is the Party Scarf from Magknits. I'm doing it in baby alpaca with silver beads on the end. It's Pretty... but the baby alpaca is so hard to work with. I usually don't have the patience for it.

I'm also working on a Care Bear (Share bear actually) cross stitch for Emmy. She asked me to help her with it, but I'm afraid she either won't be able to do it (not that I think she's not smart enough, but she probably doesn't have the patience for it) or she just won't want to and I wanted to finish it, to surprise her. *frown* I wonder if she reads this blog... hmm... anyway. That's all I've got going on at this time, but I'm hoping to start this tank top I saw in my Creative Knitting magazine soon. It's cotton, and it's very cute. Anyway, that's all for now!

No comments: