Friday, April 20, 2007

Wooohooo!!

In case you haven't heard, I'm starting to work out. Basically, I'm walking on the treadmill with the help of a close, unpaid friend who's coaching me. Apparently, I'm a fast grower. Yesterday I had to work really hard to make it to 40 minutes. My goal is to soon be walking an hour a day, 5 days a week. I'm not gonna do weekends till I'm in better shape, cause I have this weird fear of having people stare at me while I'm at the gym, and there are more people there on the weekends. Anyway, today, I was almost to the forty minute mark when I started to listen to "fighter" by Christina Aguilara (er... however that's spelled...) and instead of applying it to some PERSON who hurt me, I applied it to my body. For example, she says "After all the of the... cheating you probably think that I hold resentment for you" which is, I would think, how my head would feel about my body. And she says she's gonna work harder... which made me keep going. I walked for 50 minutes, 2 miles, and the only problem was that last... minute or so my foot started to hurt. I'm so proud of myself! And, hopefully, my friend will continue to coach me because I couldn't get motivate without him. (I hope you feel better, Mr. Unnamed, now that I've mentioned you in my blog.)

No comments: